Provide Advanced First Aid
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide an advanced first aid response, including management of the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance. The unit applies to workers who may be required to provide, coordinate and manage a first aid response across a range of complex situations, including community and workplace settings. Specific licensing /regulatory requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities.
- respond to an emergency situation
- apply appropriate first aid procedures
- coordinate first aid activities until arrival of medical assistance
- communicate details of the incident
- evaluate the incident and own performance
This course will be delivered in two eight hour days, face-to-face training session at one of Biphasic's training centres or at a mutually convenient and suitable locations.
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid